Small Business and Freelancing December RoundupWritten by Aleks on December 04, 2020
The shopping season has officially begun, and it’s a big-time for small business owners who had to not only adjust their way of reaching clients but also how and what they’re selling.
Let’s have a look at the most important news, updates and tips for small business owners, freelancers and entrepreneurs!
1 . Buyer personas make it easier for you to tailor all activities related to customer acquisition to the specific needs of your customers. Here’s how to get to know your buyer persona in order to create engaging content and marketing messages to drive more traffic.
2. The pandemic isn’t over yet and small biz owners keep facing many challenges this year. Find out here, how to shift your business in order to stay afloat.
3. Christmas is around the corner and if you’re still looking for gift ideas, here are 5 must-have presents for remote workers.
4. Online business directories can be extremely effective if you want to market your business to potential customers in the US.
Check out some of the best US business directories for your small business’ success.
5. In order to grow a successful e-commerce business, you need to know your competitors and aggressively market your store. Follow these seven strategies to grow your online business.
6. Yelp released a report which shows that around 60% of businesses across the U.S. had to close down due to Covid and won’t be reopening. Here are 5 ways that will help your business survive pandemic.
7. In a digital age, e-invoices can eliminate a lot of costs and save your time. In this article, you’ll find the best invoicing software for small business owners.
Freelancing & Entrepreneurship
1 . An LLC can provide numerous benefits to your freelance business, including protection for your personal assets and a whole host of tax benefits. However, it’s all-too-easy to make mistakes when setting up an LLC for your freelance business. Here’s an awesome guide from Twine on the most-common mistakes that freelancers make when setting up an LLC, as well as detailed guidance on how to avoid them.
2. Wondering how to deal with your competitors and spot good market opportunities? Jim McKelvey, co-founder of Square speaks about the true meaning of entrepreneurship.
3. COVID-19 has forced many companies and small business owners to move away from traditional employment practices, and shift to remote work. Check out how to achieve work-life balance while working from home.
3. Are you an aspiring photographer still pursuing studies or working on a job that you’re not passionate about? If you’re thinking about choosing photography as your career then pursuing Freelance photography can be a viable option for you.
4. It is common to hear that entrepreneurs work more than 60 hours a week in pursuit of the success. It can have a negative impact on mental and physical health. Check out these tips on how to cut down working hours.
5. Blogging is an easy way to earn money and also gives lots of flexibility. Make sure to check out this in-depth guide on how to start a blog and be successful.
6. Hayden Brown, the CEO of Upwork decided to pivot her business to a remote one, and here’s how it has worked out for the company and its employees.
1 . Push notification marketing helps brands to promote new services & products, maximize sales, and increase brand awareness. With push notifications, you can send relevant information, real-time updates & reminders to users about products & services. Check out What are Push Notifications and How do they work?
2. TikTok is a famous social media platform that can help you advertise and promote your business. This article shares the best tips on how to get the best out of TikTok and get your small biz noticed.
3. Just checking-in” follow-ups are not the best way to initiate a conversation. How to bring value in your follow-ups? How many should you send? With what frequency? Follow these six rules to perfect your follow-ups and skyrocket your reply rate.
4. Small business owners have been trying for years to find the best marketing tactic to help them get more clients. Here’s how to approach your marketing strategy to create long-term, successful plans for your business.
5. Email marketing is still one of the most effective ways to approach your customers. Check out here the key tactics and the best tools to consider for your email program.
That’s it for today! Stay safe and good luck buying gifts for all your loved ones.