Small Business And Freelancing May RoundupWritten by Simona Martinov on May 06, 2022
Welcome to May!
This month we have collected some of the latest and greatest news and tips for small businesses and freelancers. Make sure to check these headlines and enjoy the lovely month May! 🙂
1. Since the beginning of 2020, we’ve been experiencing financial hardships. First, it was the consequence of COVID-19, and now the Russian invasion of Ukraine deepens the financial hardship even further. That said, we will talk about the recession, explain what it is, where we are now, and how to survive as a small business.
2. Deadline for small business grants for L.A. businesses is by tonight (Friday 11.59pm). If you haven’t applied already, you can do so here as well as find out more information.
3. There are many types of loans that help new companies get off the ground without having to qualify for traditional business loans. Here is a list of best startup business loans of May 2022.
4. As a small business owner, you know that finding the right team members is essential to your success. But with the current job market, it’s becoming more and more difficult to find qualified employees. That’s why we’ve put together this list of tips for finding diamonds in the rough!
5. Here’s a list of 10 commonly overlooked small business must-haves, which many unknowingly lack. With these simple tips and tools you can improve your process, turn higher profit and increase efficiency.
1. According to experts, employees need more support in managing their own finances. A staggering number of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck and offered support could prove helpful in managing that.
2. Citibank is seeking expanded role to boost investment banking returns, according to Tyler Dickson. The bank is looking to drum up more business with private equity firms to help finance their biggest acquisitions.
3. Numerica Credit Union created some tips for parents on how they can help and prepare their teens for financial success after graduation.
4. The Labor Department released its monthly jobs report for April, on Friday morning at 8:30am. This articles lists the main metrics from the print.
Freelancing & Entrepreneurship
1. As an online-invoicing solution, InvoiceBerry offers many features that help both small business owners, entrepreneurs, and freelancers engage their customers and increase retention. Find out more information in this guide, to help you improve your business and increase customer engagement.
2. There are several advantages to being self-employed, although you are most likely to experience challenges in paying yourself as a business owner. The kind of business configuration you choose and the stage of growth of your business will determine the way you pay yourself.
3. Here is a useful list of some tips that will ensure you’re managing a happy and healthy hybrid workplace.
4. Zoom, Etsy, Amazon, and Big Lots: Guess what they have in common! Undoubtedly, it is the envious growth that they have achieved. So, which magic wand will propel that coveted growth for your business? The right tools will do just that!
1. It’s hard to argue with the fact that social media has a great influence on people, and this influence makes it easy for businesses to persuade their potential customers to make a purchase. Although the importance of social media needs no explanation, for those businesses that still doubt the potential of social media for their e-commerce business, we’ve got some reasons why you should start utilizing it.
2. Search Engine Optimization is an important part of each online business to get more visibility. Whether you have a small business or bi, you should have an optimized site to achieve a high ranking on search engines. Companies will need to modify their digital presence to be more valuable and available to their customers to stay competitive. What’s one critical approach to go about it? Emphasize SEO for your company’s website.
3. Everyone knows that branding is essential for growing sales as well as encourage customer engagement. However what perhaps a lot of us didn’t know, is that non fungible tokens are becoming more and more popular for creating instant recognition of brand. Find out more here!
4. Simply said, if you want to stand out from the crowd, you must incorporate social media marketing into your overall digital marketing strategy. We’ll give you a brief and a few clues on social media marketing.
Hope you found our small business and freelancing May roundup informative and tune in for the next one! 🙂