Small Business and Freelancing Roundup: Week of 19/05/17Written by Alla on May 19, 2017
In less than two weeks it will already be June, but some of us are still wondering if it’s really spring out there.
The world’s been keeping an eye on Trump’s new reforms and Britain’s general elections this week.
Try our online invoicing software for free
Accept online payments with ease
Keep track of who's paid you
Start sending invoices
But now it’s time to see what else is going on in our weekly entrepreneurship, small businesses and freelancing roundup.
1. In the US, businesses are waiting for the promised tax cuts. Here are some more thoughts on Trump’s new small business tax plan.
2. Also, the current administration wants to end enrollment for small businesses through the federal Obamacare marketplace in the beginning of 2018.
3. Despite all that, small businesses remain optimistic about their future, and here’s some advice on why you should be too.
4. Small businesses feel abandoned during the general elections in the UK, and it’s not too surprising since the government’s been ignoring their needs for a while already.
5. Thinking of starting a new business? Follow these 5 crucial steps to open your business in less than a month.
6. Managing a small team requires the right team management skills. Try these 26 truly effective secrets today.
7. Outsourcing is one of the ways to get the best employees for your business. Here’s how you can be faster than the competitors.
8. Is it time to sell your business? Read some advice on preparations and tips on what the buyers want.
9. What is a minimalist business that everyone’s been talking about? Read all the details here.
10. Snapchat is a popular platform, yet not everyone can use it to promote their business. But is it right for yours?
Freelancing & Entrepreneurship
1. Looking for writing freelance work? Check this list of 31 curated websites where you can send your resume.
2. All the entrepreneurs want to grow their businesses. And here’s what you can do today to make that happen.
3. According to a new study, entrepreneurs love their startups just as much as parents love their children. Read more thoughts here.
4. India can become the third startup ecosystem in the world, but according to the experts the country lacks innovation.
5. Attracting new customers is always a good idea, and here are 6 innovative ways to do that.
6. This week, NYC’s Freelance Isn’t Free Act went into effect. What does it mean for the whole industry?
7. Some workers are looking for more freedom when going freelance, but for some it’s a long adaptation process that can deepen depression.
8. Looking for some new freelancing opportunities? Check out this 2017 infographic on the state of freelance in the world.
9. A lot of new freelancers are not successful; hence their disappointment in their new careers. Make sure you don’t make these 3 mistakes.
10. Social commerce is the next big trend in our lives. Here’s everything you need to know about that.
That’s is for this week, and let the weekend begin now!
Drop us a line if you think we left something out, or if you’d like to contribute to the next week’s roundup .