Lead Generation for Cleaning Services: 5 Bulletproof StrategiesWritten by InvoiceBerry Team on October 27, 2022
With over three million cleaning professionals catering to tens of millions of clients across the United States, the demand for cleaning services is undeniable. Today, commercial cleaning leads are a goldmine for marketers who know how to generate, nurture, and convert their leads.
Lead tracking software dissects the customer journey from A to Z, granting you full control over your prospects, leads, and customers. From the first interaction with your brand to becoming loyal customers, knowing your clients is no longer a mystery. In addition to knowing about every click, browsing activity, and other key interactions, you will be able to leverage this knowledge to develop an actionable marketing plan.
No matter how brilliant a tracker and analyst you are, you have to generate leads first, which is a challenge of its own considering the tough competition in the cleaning services market. Of course, not all U.S.-based cleaning companies will be your direct competitors, but there are still many players you have to keep pace with.
Without further ado, let’s break down five bulletproof lead-generation strategies for cleaning businesses and what to do after you’ve captured your leads.
1. Bet on Value
SEO, PPC, and social media marketing are equally valuable tools in your toolkit, but they mean nothing unless you provide real value to your audience. A value-based approach will allow you to acquire and retain your leads and even turn some of them into brand advocates.
A value-centric approach starts with your online content. Follow these basic yet effective strategies:
- Be personal. Redirecting prospects to your website is not enough. You have to entice them to subscribe so you can reach them later (or immediately after the subscription) with your offer. To make them want your service, you have to be on the same page by treating them like peers.
- Share your storey, motivation, and goals. Tell your readers what drove you to where you are, why you are different from the rest, and how you can solve their problems immediately in a way your competitors can’t.
- Share the success storeys of your customers. People seek social proof – not only do we love to be treated individually, but we feel confident when we know that we act in accordance with a proven commodity.
- Be diverse. Whether you generate leads for janitorial, house cleaning, or jet-washing services, make sure you have a unique solution for every pain point your target audience experiences. For example, those looking for window cleaning won’t be thrilled by jet-washing content, will they? Think of how you can tap into specific segments of your customer base.
- Be entertaining. Cleaning is not much fun, huh? But you can turn this mundane topic in your favour by being entertaining. Use quizzes, infographics, calculators, videos, and other interactive content to connect with those who love a hearty laugh. This alone may not tip the marketing scales in your favour, but it will reinforce what you’re doing on other fronts.
- Be up-to-date. In the monotonous field of cleaning, modern technologies – VR, voice search, AMP emails, etc. – can create a splash. Take, for example, dynamically updated AMP emails. Not only will your leads stay up to date within a dynamically updated email, but they will order your services – or get to the advertiser – in one click without leaving the email letter.
- Share your unique experiences and expertise. With hundreds and thousands of competitors battling for leads, you need an ace up your sleeve. Share your unique focus, experience, or expertise. Do you cater to celebrities? Do you have the best ratings? If so, flaunt your uniqueness.
Remember, valuable content is king. Leads will only choose you if your value proposition is better than the competition in at least one area.
2. Optimise Your Website for Search Engines (SEO)
The depth and accuracy of content are crucial for search rankings, but so is the technical side of it — keywords, meta title and meta description, internal and external links, and website structure appealing to your particular audience.
- Keywords. Keywords – within your content, titles, and descriptions – attract leads from Google and other search engines. Focus on long-tail keywords (several words – for example, “cheap cleaning services in New York”) instead of short-tail keywords (one word), as well as on high-volume and low-competition keywords.
- Meta title and meta description. Meta title and meta description are what you see when your search engine results appear. Incorporating keywords in these important elements will entice more prospects to click.
- Links. The more links from trusted sources you have, the more credible you are in Google’s eyes. Likewise, linking to reliable sources to support your ideas is an ideal practice.
- Website structure. Make sure to provide easy navigation and a clear path to the desired action – this will boost your credibility.
It’s important to remember, however, that SEO only brings prospects to your website, whereas your content turns them into leads and regular customers.
3. Try Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Ads
Pay-per-click ads appearing on top of organic search results are effective for promoting your cleaning services. To launch a PPC campaign in Google AdWords, choose your Bid Amount (the bid placed in a PPC auction to secure ad placement on top of search results) and try to get the maximum Quality Score (the quality of the UX of your ads and landing pages).
However, PPC isn’t always an obvious choice. On the one hand, it provides immediate visibility and allows you to control your results and budget. On the other hand, you have to win bidding wars, pay for each click on your ads, and can only sustain an influx of leads while you pay for them.
PPC is still a great tool to gain visibility, but hardly the one to wager on as your core strategy. Oftentimes it’s best to combine PPC with organic SEO while preserving the top-notch quality of your content and practising other strategies from this article.
4. Use Psychological Triggers
Cleaning services leads are no different from any other customers and, therefore, are subject to the same psychological patterns.
Use these psychological triggers to earn more leads across all your marketing channels:
- Fear of missing out (FOMO). FOMO pushes people to buy what they seek even if they don’t necessarily need it. Time counters, sales, limited offers, and various scarcity indicators can arouse avid shoppers to move forward with an offer. Remember crypto peaks? FOMO drove people to buy what they didn’t need or understand.
- Loss aversion. Customers hate losing what they already have more than acquiring what they don’t have at the moment. To capitalise on loss aversion, offer something and then take it back (it doesn’t sound right, but that’s how the game goes) – for example, a week of free consultation or subscription. As a result, those who found value in your service will likely subscribe.
- Reciprocity. Most people tend to reciprocate the value they get. Incorporate CTAs wherever the value of your content peaks to increase subscription rates.
5. Join an Affiliate Network
You don’t necessarily have to persuade prospects on your own. An affiliate network of publishers (lead sellers) and advertisers (lead buyers) can enrich your marketing arsenal with state-of-the-art tools you may lack when working alone. Key benefits include:
- A CRM platform to track and analyse customer behaviour.
- Creative materials – email templates, registration forms, banners, etc. – to increase the influx of leads.
- New software and tools to help assess the efficiency and effectiveness of your lead generation process.
The good news is that you can join an affiliate network as an advertiser or publisher, and the tools The good news is that you can join an affiliate network like ClickBank when it comes to affiliate marketing on TikTok as an advertiser or publisher, and the tools you get will be free — except, of course, for the commission from the leads you buy or sell. Also, most affiliate programmes will allow you to create your own sub-network of affiliates to earn a percentage off each lead bought or sold by your referrals.
Use Lead Tracking, Distribution, and Analytics Software To Elevate Your Business
As valuable as lead generation is, it can only be effective if the process is automated and combined with a proper lead tracker system and analytics.
A well-balanced lead management system features:
- Lead tracking software. As cleaning service leads interact with your brand – click on your ads and banners, browse the website, fill out registration forms, etc. – your lead tracking software collects personal information (demographics, psychographics, location, age, gender, budget, preferences, etc.) to help you improve the customer experience.
- Lead distribution software. All generated leads are (automatically) distributed to a relevant buyer (a sales agent relevant to the needs of a particular lead) based on multiple parameters, including the lead’s personal data.
- Lead analytics. Customer data undergo scrupulous analysis for assessing and segmenting your marketing campaigns to improve customisation and increase customer satisfaction.
Performance marketing companies like Phonexa combine top-tier lead tracking, distribution, and analytics software in an all-encompassing suite affordable to marketers of every scale. Automation, scaling, and deep insights into customer behaviour are game-changing weapons in the ever-evolving field of online sales, including the rapidly growing cleaning services industry.
List of References
Oleksandr Rohovnin is a writer and expert in lead management at Phonexa. He dissects complex topics into easy-to-understand action steps so every reader can quickly apply theory to practice.