6 Best Mailchimp Alternatives in 2023Written by InvoiceBerry Team on December 27, 2022
Mailchimp is one of the most popular email marketing tools, but with its price rising rapidly and sad free plan, you should consider friendlier options.
While Mailchimp is a capable email marketing platform, many marketing experts would tell you that it has begun losing its edge, and there are better alternatives on the market. If you’ve been using Mailchimp for some time, then you probably suspect the same as well.
That’s why we’ve come up with this list of the best Mailchimp alternatives in 2023 that can get your email marketing campaigns to the next level.
Let’s dive in!
Why Consider Mailchimp Alternatives?
Mailchimp customers have always complained that the platform has an unfriendly UI, it’s sometimes impossible to navigate, and its overall experience isn’t good, especially for new users.
Here are other reasons why you should consider Mailchimp alternatives:
- Mailchimp is increasing its prices like crazy.
- Mailchimp’s free version and lower plans have fewer features, such as basic automation and segmentation.
- You can’t be able to send an email to multiple subscriber lists simultaneously.
- The user interface is complicated, and it can take a lot of time to learn and design your emails.
Mailchimp Alternatives: Price Comparison Table
|Email service provider||Free plan/trial||Pricing|
|Sender||Yes||$8 per month up to 2500 subscribers|
|Sendinblue||Yes||$25 per month for up to 20,000 emails|
|HubSpot||Yes||$50 per month up to 1000 contacts|
|Moosend||30-day free trial||$9 per month up to 500 subscribers|
|Constant Contact||60-day free trial||$9.99 per month up to 500 contacts|
|GetResponse||Yes||$19 per month up to 1000 contacts|
6 Best Email Marketing Alternatives to Mailchimp
There are many email marketing tools you can select for your marketing needs, but we’ve selected the best Mailchimp alternatives based on various data points, including pricing, features, and free plans to give you a comprehensive list.
With that in mind, here are six of the best alternatives to Mailchimp you can choose to grow your business.
1.Sender — Best Mailchimp Alternative for Marketers and Ecommerce Businesses
First on our list is Sender, the most affordable Mailchimp alternative on the market.
It’s an omnichannel marketing solution that lets you manage email and SMS campaigns from a single dashboard. As a result, you can create, send, and automate high-converting email and SMS sequences without switching between apps.
- Startups and small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs);
- Ecommerce stores;
- Businesses in need of automated sales funnels;
- Marketing experts in need of email and SMS automation;
The automation builder module helps you build robust conditional workflows to generate a series of email and SMS steps, which can be triggered by user-defined conditions like cart abandonment, product purchase, link clicks, and email opens.
On top of that, you can easily design newsletters, popups and sign-in forms using the platform’s rich library of stunning email templates. The drag-and-drop email editor also helps you design your own customized emails without any coding knowledge.
Sender Key Features
- Omnichannel marketing with email & SMS automation;
- Intuitive drag-and-drop email editor;
- Reporting and analytics;
- Mobile-responsive email templates library;
- Sign-up and popup forms for lead generation;
- Integration with ecommerce and CMS platforms such as Shopify, WooCommerce, WordPress, and Magento.
- Starts from $8 per month for up to 2500 subscribers and 30,000 emails;
- Free Forever plan available for up to 2500 subscribers and 15,000 emails per month.
2. Sendinblue — Best Mailchimp Alternative With Unlimited Contacts
Sendinblue is a marketing tool that offers robust email and SMS services for various businesses. The platform has advanced features such as email marketing automation, SMS campaigns, landing pages, Facebook ads, and live chat.
- Companies with massive email lists that need affordable email marketing services;
- Businesses in need of a sales CRM to manage huge contact lists.
Sendinblue also offers many integrations with top CMS and ecommerce platforms, unlimited contacts, and a sales CRM that allows you to monitor every customer interaction.
You can also track your emails with real-time reporting and analytics to find ways to improve your email marketing campaign performance.
Sendinblue Key Features
- Email and SMS marketing;
- Easy-to-use email editor;
- Workflow editor for automation;
- Sales CRM for easier contact management;
- Professional email segmentation and personalization;
- Customizable signup forms.
- Start at $25 per month for up to 20,000 emails and unlimited contacts;
- Free plan also available with unlimited contacts and 300 emails per day.
3. HubSpot — Best Mailchimp Alternative With CRM Platform for Lead Generation
HubSpot is another Mailchimp alternative that offers CRM, website builder, email marketing, automation workflows, and sales tools to help your business grow.
- Companies that want to attract visitors, convert leads, and retain customers using a CRM platform;
- Scaling businesses that need to manage their customers in one place.
HubSpot’s email marketing platform has all the features you’d expect from a Mailchimp alternative, such as drip email campaigns, landing pages, A/B testing, and autoresponders.
One impressive feature is the ability to create if/then logic in your automated email sequences. Once created, each subscriber receives an email based on their interaction with your brand.
HubSpot also integrates with ecommerce and CMS platforms such as Magento, WordPress, and WooCommerce to help you get more email subscribers.
HubSpot Key Features
- Marketing automation workflows;
- CRM platform;
- List segmentation and personalization;
- Email analytics and health insights;
- A/B testing;
- Email comparison reporting;
- Start at $50 per month for up to 1000 contacts.
- Free plan also available with limited features.
4. Moosend — Best Mailchimp Alternative for Flexible Automation and Segmentation
Moosend is an email marketing service offering advanced email features that helps you automate your email marketing campaigns, segment your subscriber list, and deliver personalized content to convert leads to customers.
- Small businesses that want an affordable solution to execute their marketing campaigns;
- Businesses that want to manage their subscriber lists and customer segmentation successfully.
The platform also provides real-time analytics and reports to help you measure your email campaign performance and optimize your marketing strategy.
On top of that, the platform’s drag-and-drop email builder has a low learning curve, meaning you can master how to design emails in minutes. For that reason, it’s perfect for beginners just starting out with email marketing.
Moosend Key Features
- Drag-and-drop email builder and templates library;
- Real-time analytics and reporting;
- Marketing automation workflows;
- Landing page builder;
- Ecommerce integration and behavioral targeting;
- Segmentation and personalization.
- Start at $9 per month for up to 500 subscribers and unlimited emails;
- Free 30-day trial also available with limited features.
5. Constant Contact — Best Mailchimp Alternative for Entrepreneurs
Constant Contact is an ideal email marketing service provider for entrepreneurs. It has an easy-to-use drag-and-drop editor that helps you create professional email newsletters in minutes.
- Ecommerce businesses that want to grow their subscribers;
- Entrepreneurs looking for an all-in-one platform.
The platform also has built-in tools for ecommerce stores that help them engage their potential and existing customers. As a result, they can create dynamic popups, sign-up forms, surveys, and polls to capture leads and convert them to buying customers.
Constant Contact’s support team is one of the best. It offers community support, live chat, phone calls, email, and a massive library of valuable resources.
Constant Contact Key Features
- Easy-to-use drag-and-drop editor;
- A/B split testing;
- Integration with popular WordPress plugins;
- Resends to non-openers;
- 24/7 support with email, live chat, phone calls, and community support.
Constant Contact Pricing
- Starts at $9.99 per month for up to 500 contacts;
- 60-day free trial also available with limited features.
6. GetResponse — Best Mailchimp Alternative for Various Email Design Options
GetResponse is an email marketing tool that’s an ideal substitute for Mailchimp. The platform has various features that enable you to nurture leads and increase conversions and sales. The features include A/B testing, autoresponders, webinars, and conversion funnels.
- Social media influencers, content creators and bloggers;
- SMBs getting started with email marketing.
GetResponse has a powerful landing page creator and email editor with stunning mobile-responsive designs to help you create effective emails and landing pages to capture more leads.
On top of that, the email marketing tool has unique ecommerce features like pre-made campaign funnels that let you use targeted content to persuade leads and customers to make more purchases.
GetResponse Key Features
- Drag-and-drop email creator;
- Advanced segmentation and personalization;
- A/B split testing;
- Professionally-designed email templates;
- Automated email sequences;
- Lead nurturing CRM.
- Start at $19 per month for up to 1000 contacts and unlimited newsletters;
- Free plan available for up to 500 contacts and 2,500 newsletters per month.
Key Takeaways on the Best Mailchimp Alternatives in 2023
There you have it. Six of the best Mailchimp alternatives that can take your email marketing campaign to the next level.
However, choosing the ideal email marketing platform for your business isn’t always easy. Each solution has its strengths and weaknesses, so choose one that aligns with your marketing and business goals.
Skirmantas Venckus is a writer by day and a reader by night. He hates talking about himself in the third person. He is also the growth hacker at Sender.net – the email marketing provider that is focused on user-friendliness, affordability, and utility.