Tips and Tricks for Creating a Successful Video Marketing StrategyWritten by InvoiceBerry Team on September 15, 2022
Video marketing is a product marketing strategy that leverages motion content. Brands use emotionally engaging content to create product awareness in a digitally intensive society. The main elements of video marketing include goal identification, creation of audience relevance content, call to action, and video distribution. It helps increase brand engagement on social channels, build a greater reach, and inform audiences.
Compared to other types of marketing strategies, video marketing provides businesses with a wide range of benefits. It helps improve its SEO strategies, attract more traffic, and keep audiences captivated. Video attracts more conversion rates, and they are easier to share compared to other types of content.
What a video marketing strategy should include
Video marketing is becoming the norm in modern times but video content creation needs to overcome the new challenges that keep developing. More marketers are creating new motion content, which increases competition in this field.
The videos that provide better results to marketers are those that are a notch higher than the rest. To remain competitive, marketers need to learn how to create a video marketing strategy that is unique and focused. A successful strategy should include the following.
To improve video marketing strategy, video optimization is an important aspect. Optimization leverages specific sets of technologies that make the audience’s experience when viewing on mobile gadgets better. It includes indexing to enhance its ranking results when certain keywords are keyed. Video optimization benefits organizations in different ways.
- Attract traffic to company websites due to its ability to engage more audiences
- Boost brand presence across multiple channels
- Rank higher on search engines due to SEO optimization
- Attract more leads by studying customer behavior
- Attract more conversions
Highly available video
A compelling story
It matters the story the audience wants to hear and what they desire to view. Video content creation is a skill that requires time to learn. A compelling story requires the following features.
- Ability to use humor for audience engagement
- It needs to have an introduction, body, and conclusion
- The creator needs to show the story but not tell
- The story needs to the short and the point
- It requires a mix of creativity
- The narration should include one story at a time
Since each video is posted on several video marketing distribution channels, consistency should be a priority. It makes it easier for the brand audiences to recognize its videos and click on them. To achieve consistency, the marketing team needs to create several important points.
- Company guidelines for creating visual content
- Consistent content repurpose strategies
- Keep marketing assets organized
- Create an effective marketing calendar
- Plan marketing campaigns early
How to create a productive video marketing strategy
Video marketers use visuals to market their products and services. They help them tell stories about their products in detail and more efficiently. Several strategies help marketers to create attractive stories that succeed in turning audiences into clients. Here are various strategies that make this strategy productive.
Use the right available resources
When you decide to create marketing videos, there are specific minimums that each creator needs. These are resources that provide them with knowledge on how to create a video marketing strategy and the process of creating the content. The most basic resources required by every marketing video creator are a powerful camera and a strong computer. Other resources include
- Video creation and editing tools
- YouTube channels
- Social media communities
The computer should be installed with the latest versions of video editing software for creating and editing videos. There are several reasons why video marketing is vital for your small business. A survey targeting video marketers shows that 94% of marketers say the videos help increase brand awareness. Another 78% say the videos help increase sales. 83% say videos help their audiences spend more time on their websites.
- A one-minute video content leaves a lasting impression in the mind of viewers
- They elicit emotions due to the stories they tell. These are important when buyers are making purchase decisions
- They can be viewed by a wider audience regardless of age, location, or class
- An audience relates well with video content which causes them to desire to share the videos with other audiences
Use the right high-quality video content creation instruments
A wide range of video production instruments is available in the market. Each type of instrument serves a unique purpose and may carry a different budget. Marketers need to use a guide to video marketing to successfully create productive marketing videos. The use of a video explainer helps marketers achieve optimized goals in their marketing campaigns. There are different reasons why video explainers benefit your small business.
- Make attractive videos: Mobile devices have become important tools that make video marketing successful. Attractive video content displays well on mobile devices with bright photos, clear audio, and top-notch videos. A well-targeted posting schedule helps increase views, total clicks, and purchases.
- Make videos with a higher conversion rate: Marketing videos are expected to trigger a desire to buy and make purchase decisions.
- Make engaging and interesting videos: What makes a marketing video engaging and interesting is how the story develops and where the videos are posted.
There are different types of video formats
- MP4s – Comments types
- MOV – Creates high-quality videos, audios, and effects
- MKVs –
Marketers can use any of these formats to create high-quality content that helps users and customers evaluate their products. They can create various types of video content, such as:
- Video reports
- Entertaining videos
Decide on distribution channels for marketing video content among potential customers
Marketers can never achieve their marketing video’s intended purpose if they choose the wrong distribution channels. Different strategies help marketers decide on the best productive channels.
- Decide marketing goal: One strategy of success is to list the goals the content is intended to achieve. The goals need to be specific and have a specific posting schedule.
- Understand the target audience: Difference audiences have different product needs. The audience can be B2B or B2C. They can be of different age groups or social classes, gender, nationalities, and faiths.
- Decide which channels to use: Different channels exist, which can be social media, video emails, blogs, websites, etc.
After choosing the right channels, it is necessary to determine the key drivers the marketers will be using to determine successful strategies. There is a need to test each channel to get various successful ideas. Marketers may need to tweak their videos from time to time. Getting information from a reputable guide to video marketing is helpful.
Adopt a comprehensive result evaluation strategy
No matter the types of video marketing content a marketer creates, there are various video metrics to use when measuring performance.
- Total views: These are the commonest video metrics used by a marketer. It shows the total views achieved.
- Total times played: Another essential video metric is to generate a report that shows the total times the video was played.
- Engagement rate: This metric shows if viewers are watching the videos to the end or if they are stopping halfway. Marketers may need to change their posting schedule to improve the engagement rate.
- Total click received: This shows the actions taken by viewers, which can be clicking the link to the website.
- Total shared: Viewers often share with their friends, retweet, or post on other channels
- Total conversions: These are the number of leads or purchases achieved
- Amount of feedback received: Feedback provides a record of reactions by viewers
Create a workable video marketing budget
The marketing team may create the most attractive marketing video but without a proper budget, their efforts end in vain. A budget makes marketing plans and strategies successful. For businesses that do have a budget to allocate towards marketing, researching a list of marketing agencies like potential partners can help them achieve their marketing goals effectively.
Also, it can be hard to create a strong marketing budget but these tips will help.
- Do a one-time budget: It is better to plan a budget that runs for an entire year to allow the team to concentrate on marketing instead of stopping along the way to do another budget.
- Fix a budget for each video type: Each type of video may require a different budget depending on its goals.
- Create a distribution budget: There should be a difference between the budget for video creation and distribution.
Marketers who create an effective brand consistency win the marketing game. It helps audiences to know what to expect from a brand. If they notice inconsistencies, they become confused and unaware of what to do next. Consistency offers a wide range of benefits to organizations.
- Brand recognition: When people see a brand in every marketing channel, it becomes easier to recognize it and buy from it.
- Brand trust: Consistency builds strong brand trust from audiences.
- Changes perception: Positive brand perfection can lead to more people deciding to buy
Video marketing content is intended to offer lasting solutions to audiences. Customers buy products because they believe they will meet their needs. The types of videos could be different, such as awareness creation videos, guides, or sales videos. Although the end expectation is to make a sale, the videos should offer solutions that will help the audiences make a purchase decision.
To offer solutions through marketing videos, the marketer should start by mentioning the problem to their audience. This makes them feel the video is the right content for them. The next part of the video should offer a solution to the problem. The last part should mention the product as the key solution to the problem.
It is necessary to use customer-generated content to get ideas on the best marketing content that will create more leads and conversions. Understanding what the customer needs is one of the best ways to create solution-focused marketing videos.
Marketing teams need to create marketing videos that attract success. Their success is tied to video quality and the target channels. The teams can leverage customer-generated content to create videos that offer timely solutions to online audiences. The creation of winning videos requires the use of the right equipment and tools. It needs knowledge of market dynamics, target groups, and channels. There should be a strategy for result evaluation to measure success and make adjustments.
Maria is a marketing expert passionate about cutting-edge technologies. She always enjoys the process of connecting businesses to audiences via high-quality, insightful, and human-friendly content.