Small Business and Freelancing Roundup: Week of 15/07/16Written by Alla on July 15, 2016
Half of the summer is already gone but the Brexit buzz is not over yet. Currently everyone is discussing Theresa May’s appointment as PM and what she can bring to the table.
But what else happened in the world during the past 7 days?
1. There’s no single opinion on Theresa May regarding SMEs and their future with her as a PM. Some small businesses back her.
2. At the same time, our business expert Bernard thinks that with her in charge small businesses will face numerous challenges.
3. Besides Theresa, the whole world is going crazy about the ‘PokémonGo’ app (which is only available in a few countries at the moment). One NYC small business has boosted its sales by 75%.
4. 9 out of 10 startups fail, and 76% of them are due to the owner’s mistakes. Read here how not to be one of them.
5. Thinking about cutting expenses for your small business? Here’s how to save money using technology.
6. Why ‘cash is king’ for US small businesses, and why their survival depends on it.
7. Have you heard of newsjacking? Learn how your business can benefit from it.
8. If you’re starting your small business in South Africa, check out this list of the 5 top banks first.
9. The main small business trends can be found in this infographic.
10. What’s your least favorite thing as a small business owner? Your peers think of these 7 things first.
1. What are the freelancers’ post-Brexit prospectives? Here are some thoughts.
2. Are you promoting yourself on social media? Check out our guide on how to do it in the most efficient way.
3. Do you have a blog as well? Check these 5 tips to get the most out of it.
4. At some point you need to set a higher bar of your freelance rates. Here’s what you should keep in mind.
5. Are you a freelance newbie? Here’s all you need to know about paying taxes.
6. What are the 5 freelancing jobs that are worth leaving your current workplace for?
7. But you’ll never believe what else you can do as a freelancer.
8. Freelancers are often stressed out when working. Read how to become happier while freelancing.
9. Living in another freelance-friendly city may also help. Check out this list of the top 5 locations for the freelance writers.
10. Going freelance, don’t forget that one day you’ll have to retire. Here’s what you need to know about funding your retirement accounts.
That’s it for this week, have a great weekend!
P.S. Or did we miss something really important? Let us know in the comments below then!
GET 50% OFF SOLO & PRO PLANS
Invoicing doesn't have to be scary
UNTIL MIDNIGHT, OCTOBER 31