Small Business and Freelancing Roundup: Week of 08/09/17Written by Alla on September 08, 2017
First week of September is coming to an end, meaning that most of the kids are at school, traffic is back to usual, and off-season time is definitely over.
Let’s check what’s been new in the small business, freelancing and entrepreneurship world this week.
1. Canada is facing tax regime changes, and small businesses are not happy. Read more details here.
2. Also, some say that new tax legislation may damage small businesses. Check out all the thoughts here.
3. Business owners are using more and more tricks to attract customers these days. Find out how to stand out from the crowd and boost your sales using marketing psychology.
4. While Texas is recovering from Hurricane Harvey, and businesses are looking for help to get back on their feet. Here are 6 sources to keep in mind.
5. Small businesses are evolving, and we observe new trends every year, if not more often. Let’s see if all the trends of 2017 have made it to the second half of the year.
6. Ecommerce is playing a big role these days, and you might want to transfer your business online as well. Check out these 32 tools that will help you.
Freelancing & Entrepreneurship
1. Entrepreneurs need inspiration, and for many of them Elon Musk is the one. Read about 7 success lessons that you can learn from.
2. Freelancers choose remote working for many reasons. For some it means challenging and changing yourself.
3. Getting paid (or not getting paid) is one of the main issues for freelancers. Some even have to go as far as suing their clients to get their money.
4. Every business needs to make more, therefore needs new clients. Take a look at these 3 proven ways to get paying customers.
5. Large companies naturally have more resources than SMB’s and freelancers to attract customers. But now they are changing the way they shop, and here’s what it means.
That’s about it for this Friday. Tune in next week for more news!