Small Business and Freelancing Roundup: Week of 14/12/18Written by Alla on December 14, 2018
Christmas time is right here and you can’t escape the happiness that it brings. Let’s jump into the latest news for small businesses and freelancers this week.
1. Dow rose more than 200 points this week and everyone hopes that the US-China trade relations will get a bit smoother. Find more news and stocks here.
2. More than 50% of Americans and almost 70% of millennials prefer shopping online instead of going to the offline store. Find out how you can use this trend to boost your e-commerce business.
3. Each year we see new technologies come out and the current ones get smarter. Here are 3 key trends you might want to implement in your business if you want to get ahead of your competition in 2019.
4. An employee handbook plays a vital role in informing employees about their employment rights and teaches them company values. Find out all the reasons why you need to have one for your business too.
5. 29% of marketers used AI despite the privacy concerns, although only 30% of marketers are happy with how they balance personalization and privacy. Read more on the subject here.
Freelancing & Entrepreneurship
1. There’s no lack of ideas and/or entrepreneurs in this world, but some have already been noticed by the experts. Check out the list of the top global emerging businesses.
2. Technology has been improving throughout the year. Here are the 25 best tech products that have been very impressive in 2018.
3. With more than 250 million monthly users, Pinterest has all the right to speak about the trends. Here are the main 100 of them according to the platform.
4. It doesn’t matter if you’re looking for a job or a side gig, you need to know where to look for them. Check out these 12 online resources to start your search.
5. This year’s YouTube Rewind video is the most disliked video on YouTube, beating Justin Bieber with its 10+ million dislikes. Find out all about the controversy here.
That’s it for this week. Tune in next Friday for more!